Grants within the Arts

Through the Danish Ministry of Culture, Fulbright Denmark can offer grants to students enrolled in their institutions. See if your institution is included here.

Available Grants

Non-degree Master’s studies
  • One or two semesters: 60,000 DKK


The application process is the same as the core Fulbright grant. Please note on the Cover Sheet if you are applying for a grant for institutions under the Danish Ministry of Culture. Follow the Apply botton to learn more about the application process.


The eligibility requirements for these grants follow the eligibility requirements of the core Fulbright grant, which is detailed here. However, these grants can also be used for institutional exchange agreements with tuition waiver provided that the applicant can prove financial need in their budgets.

Visa requirements

Please note that if you intend on doing any kind of artistic work in the U.S. you will need a visa and can not travel using the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA). If you receive a Fulbright grant, you will not only get the funds but your J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa and a lot of help from Fulbright preparing your stay in the U.S and the visa application.

This visa comes with certain requirements, including a requirement of remaining at the host institution in the US during the grant period – extensive travel out of the U.S. will not be possible. Furthermore, the grants consist of funds from the Danish and American governments and all Fulbright grant recipients will therefore have to comply with a “Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement” when their time in the U.S. is over. This means that it is not possible to obtain certain types of visas for work and immigration before the two-year period is over. However, one can easily travel back to the U.S. on conference and tourist trips.