Research and teach in the U.S.

The U.S. offers many opportunities for Postdoc’s and scholars incl. shorter research stays, guest lecturer, visiting professor, and other forms of employment.

We can help with advising for Postdoc and Scholars.


The scholar initiates an agreement through the relevant U.S. university.

You might be eligible to apply for a Fulbright scholar grant.

Advising Postdoc and Scholars; please be aware of visa regulations for this type of stay.

The transition from PhD to Postdoc may be especially problematic due to the ‘Two Year Home-Country-Physical Requirement’. This occurs if you receive public funds while in the United States on a J-1 visa, subject to the Two Year Home-Country-Physical Requirement after returning to Denmark.

This means that you must prove residence in Denmark for two years before you can apply for work visa H and L, work permit in connection with K-visa and immigrant visa to the United States. You will still be able to travel on vacation, study at another J or F visa or attend conferences in the United States.

Read more about the rule and the visa.